Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Those things we can't control...


Sitting in the Sacramento airport waiting for Paul.  Our plans meshed perfectly: my friend's flight out was at 11:15 and Paul's arrival was at 10:10, meaning I could pull up to the departures driveway and do the drop, then pull around to the arrivals driveway and pick Paul up.  Hahahaha!  The best laid plans, blah blah blah.

Paul's flight was delayed, then canceled.  He sent me a text saying he was getting on the shuttle.  Naive east coaster I am I thought it was like the New York/DC shuttle.  But no!  They are driving him from San Jose to Sacramento right now.  DRIVING!!  Shoot, I can do that.  Anyway, here I am sucking down way too much coffee and taking advantage of the free wifi.  Meanwhile the arrivals board still has Paul's flight listed as "on time" (see above - sorry it's shaky, and that was before the coffee! - he's the San Jose "flight").  Maybe if they had a board for drive up arrivals he'd be on that.

Ah, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment