Saturday, August 8, 2009

Arriving in Chicago

It was just a quick trip from South Bend to Chicago.  I think industrial megaplexes are kinda cool, so I was fascinated driving through Gary, Indiana.  Unfortunately I had to keep one eye on the road so I didn’t see as much as I would have liked (it has to be the first time anyone ever said that about Gary, IN).  It looked like the USS Steel plant there is several miles long.  Hard to imagine what would require a building that large.

I only needed one u-turn to find Union Station!  I would have been here even earlier except for heavy traffic from folks driving to Lollapalooza (wow – spell check has no problem with that!).  Apparently Jane’s Addiction is back together and touring this summer – I wonder if Jane ever reconciled with Sergio?  Anyhoo, I’m sitting in this beautiful train station waiting for Paul to arrive.  There’s been a wedding party in here for more than half an hour taking precious pictures (they were way to kissy-kissy for me, but what do I know?).  So, next time you’re sitting at the reception for two hours wondering where the wedding party is, check the train station.

A woman just asked to borrow my cell phone, because her i-phone isn’t working.  She wanted to take out my sims card and put hers into my phone to pull up a phone number.  I had no problem with her borrowing my phone to make a call, but I’m not cool with cards going in and out – call me paranoid, but doesn’t that sound like the beginning of a scam?  Anyway, I said no.  Am I a bad person?  If my cell phone goes funky on this trip I’m going to be really annoyed. 

Paul just texted to say the will arrive in 30 minutes, which will be 35 minutes early.  Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment