Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Street Car Named Desire

Today has been fairly low key as I took the street car, as they call it here, further into uptown to the west. Went to mass this morning at Loyola College, next to Tulane, in a big and beautiful church and then strolled around along St Charles Street and saw all the mansions and estate style homes near Audubon Park. I then headed back into the quarter to get some Coffee Grounds w/ Chicory for Chip and I once we meet up in Chicago and then walked around a bit more till it was time for lunch and headed over to the Acme Oyster House for some Chargrilled Oysters on the half shell with butter and romano cheese....mmmm. I also got a Fried Peace Maker Po' boy which is a combo of fried oysters & shrimp with a Tabasco infused mayo. It totally blew away any Po' boy I've ever had and was well worth the 11 bucks it cost.

In a little while here I'm packing my bags for the greyhound bus and a ticket marked for Houston, Texas. Home to the most famous Embree family who I'll be rubbing elbows with over some BBQ come this time tomorrow. Well I better go get my bags packed and say good bye to the Big Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment