Sunday, August 16, 2009

Post Camping Report

Well I feel I have to say something about last night b/c I raised the white flag to the cold and retreated with my bed sheet and thin blanket between my legs into the GOLF cart. I wasn't exactly ready with what I packed for this kind of weather in the middle of August. It was 35 degrees this morning with ice crystals on the tent and I just realized I forgot to mention that it SNOWED as we were leaving the park yesterday. Yikes!

Chip was better prepared with a sleeping bag and roughed it the entire night. I on the other hand had enough nights a couple years back of sleeping in a house in the middle of winter with no heat, so if I'm freezing and there's a warmer spot near by I'm going there.

Today we'll be driving up to Bozeman for Sunday Mass and then on towards Missoula through the Rockies breezing through Idaho and into Spokane, Washington for the night.

I really wanted to use that John Denver quote from Dumb and Dumber today, but the mountains really are that big! Today also marks the beginning of week 4.

1 comment:

  1. This is why you make me giggle. You'll go to extensive lengths to take onions off of anything, yet you fail to bring a sleeping bag! Haha. HOpe you're not too cold.

    ReplyDelete