Thursday, September 3, 2009

Alvaton, KY

I still owe you a description the fun we had in St. Louis, but I was having too much fun in Kentucky last night to pull out the laptop.  Paul and I stopped in Alvaton, outside of Bowling Green, to visit with my sister and most of her family.  We stayed with Rob, Leslie and Brock, who made us feel right at home and threw a big party for the gang last night.  Mike and Steph and their boys Will and Benjamin (just four weeks old!) were here, as were my sister and brother-in-law Cindy and Max.  I don’t get down to Kentucky as often as I’d like, so it was great fun to hang out.

Rob fixed up ribs on the grill last night and we also ordered some pizza as a supplement.  Cindy brought over a chocolate pie and other sweet goodness.  Then Rob unveiled his newest creation: grilled donuts.  On man, he’s on to something there.  They are currently in there frying up eggs and bacon to fuel our longest drive of the trip – back home via Blacksburg and dinner with the guys at Tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment